Thursday, July 14, 2011

BEHIND-THE-SCENES: Fred Pham 500 Rehearsals

What gets me is passionate people and tonight I headed to Bankstown to connect with the team who is running a worthy event tomorrow night ~ the Fred Pham 500 Charity dinner held at The Grand Ballroom at Bankstown Sports Club. Fred Pham, father of 5, teacher and an inspiration to many people, he recently passed away, leaving a legacy dream of raising $100,000 to cancer research.

What more is that I'm amazed that the driving force behind it is now in the hands of the next generations of the Vietnamese in Australia. Tam Hoang, one of their event mentors, articulated very passionately and justly for the cause and I think four head honcho girls (Hong, Tina, Kim & Vivi) deserve major "hi 5s" for the great leadership and collaboration skills in getting the whole thing together.

Can't wait to do some vox popping tomorrow! Its been some time since Vietlish so I many need to exercise my spontaneity. Myself and Andy Minh Trieu will be working with emerging Nashi Box Productions.  Anyhow, you know me, while the kids were "doing their thang" with all the rehearsing and planning, I took some sneek peak shots of what went down one sleep to the major event. Its a rough edit for quick upload so enjoy!

For more details, check out: http://fredpham500.org.au