Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SBS TV Series for 2012 "Once Upon A Time..." is looking for Vietnamese interviewees

Its been my second day on board of this epic production titled "Once Upon A Time in Cabramatta". Its a 3 part 1 hour series for channel SBS to be aired in 2012. Currently they are looking for to potentially follow the story of an unaccompanied minor who left Vietnam to Australia.

So what's it like so far on board as a Production Team Member? Hectic, exciting, and mentally stressing. I get to see how bits and pieces of evidence and storytelling, of the Vietnamese Community unfolds from an "objective" perspective and have it affects the community at large from a range of perspectives. Honestly, I've only worked from the grassroots community level, from Vietlish, to Vietnamese Storycubes and Storyexchange so I was more than thrilled at the sudden opportunities to reflect on my own community from the beginning (effects of Vietnam War, migration, settlement) and to the present day.

Stay tune more for my blogs on the job!