Sunday, June 5, 2011

END OF WEEK: First Shoot of "Quest"

This weekend of the beginning of many weekends for the next three months as I balance work/ creative film project.
Adrian C., Thuy N, Maria Tran & Khanh, V.
When it comes to organising, you can never do too much. This week I experienced the hardships of juggling small shoots on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we had Adrian and Thuy come out to help my interviews with Mum and Dad. I don't know whether my parents are acting anymore but the rants about me seems quite real. It was also a chance to test my Dad's home made film dolly. It was ok but needs some additional modifications to make better.


Sunday shoot was with Vietnamese model and pageant winner, Immi Ho Anh Mai, 
One thing I hate (and probably quite important) is lighting. The EX3 cam requires so much attention whereas the Canon 5D is good to shoot on the fly (except the focusing part).


Sunrise and sunset is also another issue. When it hits about 3pm, it becomes more darker, so now I have to rethink about having shoots earlier during the day.
Maria T, Immi M & Quan T.
Pulling hairs all week. And life just doesn't get any better. On the Sunday, my family found out that my grandpa in Vietnam, just passed away. My mum has been quite distraught and has pulled whatever savings she has to fly over to Vietnam to arrange the funeral. I just don't know how to feel anymore. Death is something that is the end of the line, and having that one to wrap up the week brought me great numbness.